Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Captain's Log, Stardate 16, April, 2007

Today I did something called "Segment Intending." That's where you visualize what you want to happen for the next portion of your day. It was a really busy day. I started with a walk with my dog and my good friend Donna, then I went to pick up more CDs, then I went to the Post Office. I Segment Intended for my drive to be safe and quick, and when I got to the Post Office there would be two people in line in front of me. Well, it was kind of funny because I forgot that it was April 16, 2007 (Tax Day, or at least the day before it!) Fortunately, I didn't think of that, because I would have talked myself out of the possibility of there just being two people in line! It was funny. The regular line was very long, but there were three people waiting in the self-serve line, so I decided to ship it that way. Then the neat thing happened. The third person said, "oh, I'm not waiting." Voila! Only two people in the line!!! However, the person in front of me took a reallllllllly long time. I forgot to intend that the people in my short line would be fast!!! So, it just reminded me to be specific when intending!

I've got to admit, I screwed up listening to my cd. I could tell you that I was too busy, blah, blah, blah, and I WAS very busy. My day was constant go go go until 8pm, but that's really no excuse. Being disciplined has never been my forte in life. I basically do whatever feels good at the time, and I rarely, if ever, force myself to do anything. I like it that way. But I did have an agreement with my partner, Kent, so I will start over tomorrow to listen for my 21 days.

I did get a cool email from one of our test subjects on her results. Here it is with my response to her:

Stephanie, I had an opportunity to totally redo my kitchen and bathroom. It has taken 11 weeks and still is not done . . . but the tearing apart and the constant decision making, the too chatty workmen, the irregular eating, the tumult created all kinds of chaos within. Almost an identity crisis too! I hadn't had to make decisions like this before! I found the CD an oasis of calm for me daily. I listened as much as I could . . . somedays the chatty workmen came way too early and I wasn't able to listen til later in the day.

My whole life, I have played small. Little, sweet Brenda. Afraid to be too much more than that. I am a relatively successful psychotherapist who does mostly managed care right now. I give presentations and the attendees respond very favorably to my openness, exuberance and warmth. But still . . . the nagging voice, "Who do you think you are?" I now totally believe that I am a wonderful, creative psychotherapist with life-altering tools at my disposal such as EFT and Hypnotherapy. I also am beginning to believe that I deserve abundance.

So, in spite of the tumult around me . . . here are a few interesting happenings. I gave two"better than ever" presentations that got rave reviews. Phone calls but no clients as of yet . . . I attracted a local EFT group here in Michigan with wonderful like-minded people doing amazing things!!! They all support and market each other. One woman has a practice very close to my house and offered me office space! I found a perfect affordable coach who will be able to help me improve my web presence and build a virtual business. She happens to be local too. I can now visualize myself working more in congruence with my true self (rather than managed care). I have also been dabbling in various art forms and use that with my clients too . . . finding it a wonderful way to access the right brain. I had taught EFT at a local community center that is very popular in the area but have taught for a few years and the sign-ups are getting less. I approached the director about entitling the fall class, "Using EFT to Unlock the Secret". She wants me to write a description and is very excited about it. So, that is my story! Thank you for the opportunity to live "The Secret". I feel that I will get even better results as the house gets back in order. But, I truly believe it is all in perfect order! Warmly,Brenda

Dear Brenda, I'm very, very happy to hear that you have finally figured out how wonderful you are, and I'm glad you are starting to play "bigger!" Congrats on your workshops and other cool "happenings." Do you know what I would do? I would visualize exactly how I want the rest of my kitchen renovation to go. I would imagine the workmen being quiet and considerate, finishing up quickly, and being very neat and anything else you want! Imagine the whole thing going exactly like you want it to (using all your senses), and do this for several nights in a row, and then let me know what happens.

Hugs, Steph

No comments: